Friday, August 5, 2016

One block Wonders BMO.....August quilt block.....X Boxed

Here comes August and the second to last month......just one more after this.....really??
I can hardly believe it....


I hope everyone is having a fantastic summer and staying cool...but if you are one of our lovely sewers from down under and it's winter....I hope you are staying warm, inside, sewing up a storm......



This month we have more great sponsors and some fantastic prizes for you "to sew" to win!!


















and all year our discount code from 




Our August block has gone through many changes, both in fabric, layout and names...




Here is the winning layout and name.....

X Boxed (#XBoxedQuilt)























So now what.... as always, that is the first question.....

I made 3 more blocks and this fantastic pillow...
You can find the tutorial for making a zipped backed pillow here at Sew Mama Sew


A few tips:

I pin the flap back out of the way when sewing the other side of the zipper, so I don't catch it

I also add a little stitching to the open end of the zipper before trimming the extra off, to keep the ends together and lined up.



and I am working on two more examples for you...


The full sized sample will be made using these bright fun fabrics, part of the Bear Essentials 3 line from P&B Textiles...super excited to see this quilt come together....just love the prints and colours in this line!!

Here's a sneak peek of my EQ7 mock up......




I'll be posting pictures of my progress on IG (@UpStairHobbyRoom) and our FB Group all month!

Look for a post in a few days with the other sample option... It is fantastic too! Think Seasonal....and  look for a discount to go with that fun sample!!! (check out my discount page often
you never know what discounts and sales you may find!!)

That's it for now....enjoy and I can't wait to see what you come up with!!







3 comments:

  1. That sure looks like another winning block, Sandy! It is strange to think we only have two more months in the OBW BOM. I'll miss it! But, as one friend said to me - this BOM sure is giving me lots of UFOs! LOL I told her next year will be for quilting all the tops I have made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, I'll have to see what batiks I have that will suit. Yes, VERY cold down here, snow in both North and South Island. a few hours from us a 70cm ( 28 inches) dump last night in the Hawkes Bay. And roads and schools closed, or buses running a lot later in the mornings. Those of you in the North will be used to this.. Yesterday we managed to reach a 5C high!!! Further south the high was either 0C or lower.And, yes Sandy, I am inside, sewing something secret for a friend's birthday in a few months time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only one more month??? I've been following along but unfortunately, I didn't participate all months...life got in the way. Thanks for hosting. It's been fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.