Monday, August 12, 2013

#18 A Slower Week

I'm still sewing, but at a much slower pace, with my main sewing machine in for repair and my long arm down with a dead computer screen!! Yikes!!! Luckily I just purchased a smaller, lighter machine for taking to classes!

OOh, before I put up the rest of the QAL pictures I promised I have to share pictures of the pattern I tested for Kristy at Quiet Play. It is an amazing pattern!!


 I accidentally took the picture turned! The dark blue should be the square and the light blue on point!! But you get the idea!!














Here: 4 block repeat!! Just love this pattern!!
It's a nice pattern to piece too! You can cut strips and even sub-cut into blocks because nothing is really added at crazy angles!! (Minimum waste)




Well onto the rest of the QAL pictures!!

9. String of Pearls

Nothing really to add for the String of Pearls, but for those who don't follow me on Instagram....
here is the completed front....

and the back.....

and loaded ready for the machine to be repaired so I can quilt this beauty!!

8. Bloom Bloom Pow

I can't tell you how happy I am to finally have this pattern together!!!! I love how happy it is!! I found this one really scary (newbie, fears) but it was more scary in my mind than in actual execution!!  So if you are thinking of doing it....go for it!! Take your time with the seams and pressing, because they do get bulky in the centers!! And if you look close at some of my apple green blooms you will see I made an error when sewing a strip set together and some of my shadow peddles appear to be falling off!! I only share this for anyone struggling with too much perfection....(me) lol!! I'm learning to let somethings go and embrace shall we call it "beauty in the imperfect moments of life"!! And its all ok!! and I still love it!!

                                                                                                                                                                 
Also if you have seen the Bloom Bloom Pow QAL the sides were suppose to be trimmed off to square it up....I couldn't bring myself to cut off what took so long to accomplish!!!! Instead I added triangle wedges to the ends of each row. It worked out great!!


2. City Sampler



This one is so not my normal style, but I'm loving the bright, happy, bold quilt this will be!! Just says fun!!





Oh and in case you are keeping track, to keep me, on track....I have 3 sides sashed on the Craftys BOM 2012!! Hoping to have the other side done today and square them up!! 

I'm going to a have a pile of my own quilts in no time!!! Ya!!

Have a great week everyone!!










22 comments:

  1. Love 'em! The way you finished the bloom bloom pow looks great. Very nice and that is an awesome pattern from Quiet Play!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paula!! It feels so good to be getting tops done, finally!!
      i totally agree with you Kristy's pattern is amazing!!

      Delete
  2. It's so great to have so much progress! Your Bloom Bloom Pow is fantastic! That block you tested is great... Love the secondary pattern that comes from all four blocks together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine!! It is cool the pattern, hidden stars! Can't wait to get the borders on and start the quilting process!!

      Delete
  3. Even with a down sewing and long arm machine, you've still accomplished a lot! Great projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet! I have to laugh...one of the reason I bought my own machine, I live in a rural area and it took 2 months to get on a long arm quilts list to wait for quilting, and now I am getting my own back log!! lol

      Delete
  4. Loving that interlocking block your testing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing!! I went out Monday morning to grab more of the yellow fabric I used, because I want to keep going with the block, and I only had a yard.!! Luckly I found more!!

      Delete
  5. I am in awe at how much you do, and not just the amounts of work, but your piecing skills are perfect, love to see your progress...sad your machines are in need of repair, but looking forward to see what you're up to.. Thanks for linking up to 'Anything Goes'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marelize!! I don't have any little ones that require my attention anymore, that frees up a lot of time!!
      Loved your pillow, can't wait to see the finished diaper bag!!

      Delete
  6. So much pretty!

    Thanks so much for testing the block for me - I think your earlier comment may give the block it's name - Hidden Stars! I love how yours turned out!

    Your Bloom Bloom Pow looks so fabulous - well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!! I'd be thrilled if I helped name that beautiful pattern!!
      I love helping test your patterns, they are all fantastic!
      Thanks for the kind words for my projects!!
      Just let me know when you need help again!!

      Delete
  7. I love that first block! The secondary pattern is really great! What a fun quilt to put together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing, I was lucky to get to test it!! I can't wait to see more blocks come together!! I love to hear what you think about what I've been up to, so thanks for stopping by Renee!

      Delete
  8. every single one of your projects is fabulous! I love the Bloom Bloom Pow and I might have to do that one. I had too much going on during the actual QAL, but that pattern jumps out at me every time I see it.

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do the Bloom, I was totally intimidated by it, but jumped in anyway, and it wasn't bad!! There are some bulky seams in the centers, so watch how you press, and I messed up the material amounts...lol! But the instructions are clear and the quilt is so happy!!
      Thanks for all your kind words, I'm glad you liked everything too!! I have been having such a blast making all the projects, and I love everything, but it is still nice to know others like and appreciate the work too!!

      Delete
  9. You are amazing. So much work. I am impressed. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from My Quilt Infatuation. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au) PS just starting following your blog. Can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie!! I'm so glad you enjoyed seeing all my projects, and for deciding to keep up on all I'm doing by following my blog!! That's fantastic!

      Delete
  10. Wow! So much awesome stuff to look at! Just love your pattern test for Kristy... gorgeous! And your bloom bloom pow is stunning! Love how you added the triangle edges to it, there's no way i would have been able to cut them off either! Fantastic work with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Snips!! (love your user name!!) It is a great pattern, by Kristy, and I was honor to test it!
      Thanks again for all the kind words!! I am having so much fun piecing!! My quilting skills however need work! lol

      Delete
  11. Your work is so great I am so happy to have met you through IG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way!! Your work is amazing, you applique- wow that seems a lot hard than piecing, and you hand stitch too!! Than theirs your artistic abilities, blows me away!! I am so happy we connected too!! IG makes the world a smaller place!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.