Monday, June 24, 2013

#6 Where is your space?

Thanks to everyone for their comments on my last post question!! Turns out I'm pretty normal!! lol

BUT... I've decided that there has to be a limit, so no more new quilt projects till I complete a WIP, and I think I am going to limit my list to a single digit.

This week I covered a chair in my hobbyroom:
finished the fence flags for the pool:
 I used outdoor fabric and thread. Lighter weight outdoor fabric on the back.I sewed the front and back pieces right sides together leaving  an opening for turning, sewing in 2 curtain weights in the bottom 2 corners to make them heavier so they wouldn't blow around as much. Than when I turned them right side out I top stitched around the whole block. I sewed small plastic loops on the back for hanging on the fence.

And finally got a design wall up!!!
So now I am cleaning my room, because one project always leads to another!!! and where do "dust bunnies" come from anyway!! lol (I'll share my before and after pics of my space next week!)

And that leads to my question this week.....Where is your space?? Where do you quilt or craft??
I know how very lucky I am to have the space that I do. I have the room over my garage, and I only have to share it with the PS3!  and other than it being a little too hot in the summer (like right now!!) and hearing "do you have to be in here right now" every once in awhile it is perfect!!

 And how do you work, messy, organized, or both!! I think I fall into both!! I love being organized, but work myself into a mess and than have to organize again!! lol the cycle of my life!!

If I can figure out how to post a tutorial ish tab, I took some pictures during the chair recover and will post them there.

 For now here is my WIP list again that I will be working to complete!! and sharing as I do!!

1. Fusion-featured in American Patchwork Feb 2012
2. By the Sea- featured in Quickly Quilting
3. Craftsy BOM 2012
4. Craftsy BOM 2013
5. Block Rock'n -paper piece
6. Bloom Bloom Pow QAL
7. Christa QAL
8. Mystery Quilt- Gourmet Quilter
9. Modern Block QAL- And Sew We Craft
10. Sugar Block Club
11.  Tula Pink City Sampler QAL- Sew Sweetness
12. Flower Patch QAL- Green Fairy Quilts
13. Sampler Quilt-Virtual Quilting Bee


9 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy! That paper pieced Lego guy is great. Glad to see you are keeping busy. And using all those quilty acronyms. Thanks for adding my quilt along button to your sidebar! But I see you did not have that one on your list of WIP's. Hope you are still intending to participate, but if not I can see why... you do have a full plate!

    Lorna:)
    http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did fill my plate too full, and than my daughter announced she is getting married this year!!!!
      So I am going to follow along visually and if the link stays open will tackle the quilt at a later time!!

      Delete
    2. Congratulations to your daughter, Sandy!

      Not a problem! Hope you will check in on us and cheer us on this summer!

      Delete
  2. Those Lego blocks are so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Quiet Play patterns are great! and if I have my info right, the lego series when ready will be available for free on her Craftsy site, maybe her blog too, not sure.

      Delete
  3. Wow! I love the idea of fence flags. My back yard is a little drab, but I've shied away from painting the fence a color because that seems too hard to maintain, and I'm bad at keeping plants alive, so a garden doesn't seem the best of ideas. I do have a fence though, and I could make fence flags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go for it!!! I love mine and they add that punch of colour I didn't have either! Good luck!!

      Delete
  4. Unfortunately I seem to be stuck in the same cycle as you :). I LOVE having a clean space but when I have time to be in my craft room (yes, I have an entire bedroom for sewing/crafting!) I want to sew not clean. And in response to the question in your last post, I have numerous WIPs--which is probably the reason my sewing space is such a mess :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Angela, apologies if I am answering you twice or if I just missed this comment totally!!
      I'm lucky too, I have the room basically to myself too!! And I only clean so I can find my missing stuff, or to take pictures for you!! lol

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.