Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The 100 Day Project

I love a good challenge! 
Not necessarily when it is against someone else, but a challenge for me personally...
A challenge that makes me think outside of the box, or improve a skill, or learn a new skill...
So when I stumbled across one on IG from Elle Luna (@elleluna) called 
The 100 Day Project....(#the100dayproject) 



















Of course I wanted to join the challenge, but doing what?

At first I went straight to quilty mode, but that's what I do all the time...
and could I design a block a day for 100 days???

It took a few hours, but it came to me, and I have been having a fabulous time with my choice! 
I picked up my Nikon D90  a much neglected love, since starting to quilt 3 years ago. If you have been following me on IG you will have seen my first 14 days! If you don't follow me I sure hope you will @upstairshobbyroom and I've been using the #100daysmy100photos the easiest way to see all the pictures together at once.




If you've read this far, and your are one of my fabulous online quilty friends, I know this isn't a quilting post and I hope that's ok, but if your are looking for a little "quilty" relation to this challenge, here it is...
I couldn't get the idea of a block a day for 100 days out of my head, lol, so I have been doing that as well! I'm chuckling at myself, like I don't have enough going on right now....but I just couldn't help myself...
The blocks are impressionist versions of my photos, and this may or may not work out like a sampler quilt, but I'm having fun with the challenge. 

I thought it might be fun to share some of the photos I haven't used, because you know you go out to shoot one shot a day, but I'm taking more like 50-100....

What I've Been Up To:

(Hey Jean these are for you... you wanted to see where I live! This is farm life in rural Ontario, and I love it!!)
This is our front lane view

If I get brave enough to climb this, I will be posting an ariel shot of our farm!

Back yard

A small river runs through our farm




A busy beaver chopped down this tree! Look at the teeth marks in the close up

 Well that's the front and back of our farm and along the river, hope you enjoyed the view! 




 and then May's block will go live this Friday May 6th


4 comments:

  1. Grain silos, do you grow wheat? And have cattle? And is that your room at the top of your home? What a view from the top of the elevator, as I HATE heights, I am thinking you will be so brave to climb up there. Maybe a drone camera view!!! And does your stream flood? I, too, take lots of photos, then select the best and delete the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a beautiful place! You are very blessed, so much inspiration around. Thanks for sharing! Mary - mburnette912@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.