Sunday, October 18, 2015

Clay Post Crocheted Afghan

I am so sorry it has taken me this long to get the information together and post about it. I have been busy with the One Block Wonders BOM and just kept forgetting. Better late than never... ;)


When I finished this afghan a few weeks ago,  I was so thrilled to hear by your feedback, that you loved how this turned out as much as I did. I certainly will be using this stitch again and making another afghan sometime soon, so for you and me to reference, I thought I would share some tips...

Pattern can be found here in my Craftsy Pattern Shop:

Clay Post Afghan

Approximately 46"L x 65"W
(3) Bernat Worsted 14oz (400gr) balls (Clay)
(2) Bernat Super Value 7oz (197gr) (Natural)
Size 5mm crochet hook (US 8)

ch: chain
dc: double crochet
sc: single crochet
fpdc: front post double crochet (dc done around a dc post from a previous row)




Row 3 explained:



 Basically you dc every other sc and FPdc every other dc from the previous row.
The 5th row you start with ch 3 skip first sc and dc in next sc, this will give a staggered or diagonal affect to the pattern.

Hope this all makes sense. Let me know if you are confused.
It's hard to crochet and take pictures or video of yourself....

*


1 comment:

  1. I love this pattern and want to dig into my stash and start this! How many rows of "clay" and "natural" are there for your pattern?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.