Thursday, April 30, 2015

#89 Child's Poncho

I posted a picture of the cute ponchos I've been making on Instagram and got a few requests for the link. I figured the easiest way to always have it is to post on the blog so we can both find it!!




Here are my adjustments:
(I wasn't a fan of the fringe so I made my pieces bigger and added 2 rows of the bind off stitch all the way around the bottom edge after it was sewn together)




I used 4.50mm hook and Bernat Cotton, for the two tone I made one rectangle in variegated cotton and the the other in a complementary colour.



small(approx. size 2-4): chain 74, 15 rows of double crochet
med(size 6-8): chain 94, 20 rows     "        "
large(size 10-12): chain 104, 25 rows     "      "



when sewn together I did a double row around the bottom edge of the single crochet, chain one pattern (placing the sc in the space between the dbl crochet)



If you have any questions don't hesitate to email me.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to write this out for us! That was so thoughtful, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I would like to make one of these poncho's for my neice in size 18 most. Which size would be best small or medium?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been awhile since I made these, but I'm thinking the small will be big enough! Good luck!

      Delete
  3. This pattern has been around for a long time. I made it for my three girls over forty years ago. I think two had fringe and one had chain stich around the edge as edging for two or three rows. Am in the process of making two for great granddaughters for Christmas out of Red Hearts scuba veragated blues. The color changes are so suttle you hardly notice them until you lay down your work. There truly lovely. They are nine year olds so I am using a size I hook, it seems to be working. Appreciated your post, was looking for a refresher and it served me well thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.